A Survival Guide
Walk Away From Your Divorce with your Children, your Money, and your Dignity.
After 30 plus years of consultations with thousands of clients, I know what answers you need to get back in control of your Divorce action and assure a Successful Outcome.
THOSE WHO SURVIVE THEIR DIVORCE SUCCESSFULLY ARE THOSE THAT HAVE THE RIGHT INFORMATION AT THE RIGHT TIME.
Unless you have a reasonable understanding of divorce and the process, you are at the mercy of your attorney, your spouse and his or her attorney and the judicial system.
Take back control. It is easy once you know the answers.
After 30 plus years of consultations with thousands of clients, I know what answers you need to get back in control of your divorce action.
Divorce, a Survival Guide gives you answers to over 50 of the most commonly asked questions by divorce clients. You will have the questions and answers available throughout your action, when the need arises.
Just a Small Sample of the Questions that are Answered in
Divorce, A Survival Guide, are:
CHILDREN AND CUSTODY
• How do I tell the Children? How much should they know?
• Where will the Children live before court?
• Will there be a 50/50 custody arrangement?
• At what age can a child decide where to live?
• Can I move with the children?
• Do's and Don'ts with divorce and kids.
CHILD SUPPORT AND SPOUSAL SUPPORT
• How is Support Calculated?
• Do I have to follow the guideline?
• How Long does child support last?
• What are the different types of spousal support?
• How long is spousal support or alimony payable?
JOBS AND SUPPORT
• Should I get a job?
• Should I quit my second job?
• Should I stop overtime?
• What if I lose my job?
• What if I want to retire?
• Who should move out?
• When should we divide our furniture?
• What is the best method of dividing stuff?
• Should I close our bank accounts and credit card accounts?
• Should I pay the bills and if I do, will I get credit?
ASSETS AND DEBTS
• What is community/marital property?
• When are assets valued?
• How Are assets and debts divided?
• Can I keep my pension? My business?
• Can I keep my Separate Property?
• What if I added my Spouse's Name?
• I've been served with divorce papers, what do I do?
• What restrictions do I have now that I have been served?
• Why is the Date of Separation so important?
• How Do I find a good Divorce Lawyer?
• What documents do I need to give to my lawyer?
• What are those things most lawyer's forget?
ATTORNEY'S FEES AND ALTERNATIVES
• Where Do I get the money to pay my Divorce Attorney?
• What is a Retainer Fee and how does it work?
• Will my spouse pay my attorney's fees?
• Are the Attorney's Fees tax deductible?
• How can I reduce my attorney's fees?
• Why is Divorce Mediation such a great way to resolve my case?
• What is good and bad about Collaborative Law"
Are you ready to take Control of your Divorce Case and your Life? You will have all of the Answers you want and those that "You Didn't Know You Needed" with Divorce, a Survival Guide.